ICEfaces 2 is an open-source Rich Internet Application (RIA) development framework based on the JavaServer Faces (JSF) 2 standard. Like its predecessor,ICEfaces 1.8 , ICEfaces 2 extends JSF to simplify development and enhance the standard JSF feature set - simultaneously improving developer efficiency and expanding the spectrum of RIA capabilities that can be included in any JSF-based web application.
- Automatic AJAX - ICEfaces 2 includes several innovative features that cumulatively result in Automatic AJAX, completely eliminating the need for developers to wire page updates together using standard JSF tags.
- AJAX Push - Enables real-time, multi-user collaboration in your JSF application. Any state change in the application can instantaneously push updates to other users of the application that need to be informed. New AJAX Push APIs make it simpler than ever to add collaborative features to your application.
- Rich Components - All JSF components used under ICEfaces 2 inherit the benefits of Automatic AJAX, including the standard JSF components. ICEfaces 2 also provides a large set of rich components, including both the original ICEfaces Components Suite from ICEfaces 1.8, and the all-new ICEfaces Advanced Components, which provide key new capabilities such as include flexible form definition, rich client behaviours, UI theming/skinning, and W3C ARIA accessibility.
- Window Scope - The custom Window scope is designed to fill a gap in the existing scopes available for JSF 2.0, as it exists for the life of a browser window or tab, including surviving reloads and refreshes.
- Scoped Resource Registry - The ResourceRegistry allows an application to register javax.faces.application.Resource instances at run time. Each Resource is registered in a specified scope (Application, Session, View, Flash, or Window) so that the resource can be garbage collected when the scope expires.
- Portlet Development - Portlet support in ICEfaces 2 is provided via the PortletFaces Bridge project, an implementation of the JSR 329: Portlet 2.0 Bridge for JSF specification that has been adapted to support JSF 2.
- Streamlined Configuration, Minimized Dependencies - The ICEfaces-specific servlets and many of the configuration parameters in ICEfaces 1.x are no longer necessary with ICEfaces 2. In addition, ICEfaces 2 core has no 3rd-party library dependencies outside of those libraries specified in the JEE 6 "Web Profile".
- IDE Support - Integration bundles are available now for Eclipse 3.6 and NetBeans 6.9.!
for more information visit IceFaces.org